Are you thinking of renting out your property in Leicester?
Whether you are thinking of moving out of your own home or purchasing a second property, letting can be a very attractive option.
- It will keep you on the property ladder
- It is a superb long term investment, beating the stock market!
- Someone else could be paying your mortgage for you!
- In many cases your income will not be taxed
We will find a suitable tenant for your property and take up references and/or credit checks. In the case of students where credit checks may not be possible, we ask for a guarantor.
We will be pleased to visit the property and provide a market appraisal and when required a open market valuation. Rents are payable by the tenant monthly to our client account. You will be paid direct from our account.
We collect a deposit from the tenant to safeguard against damage (usually 1 months rent). At the end of the tenancy we will inspect the property and the costs of any damage attributed to the tenant will be deducted from the deposit.
We will prepare a Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement under current legislation. Which unless requested by yourself will be for a period of not less than 6 months. This gives you the flexibility to re-occupy the house after giving the tenant two month's notice to quit. Similarly the tenant may terminate after the initial period by giving one month's notice.
Rates and Services
The payment of water rates, council tax, gas, electricity and telephone bills are generally the responsibility of the tenants.
You are responsible for all repairs to the property with the exception of window glass or other breakages caused by the tenants. Any repairs can be carried out by our contractors, or ones nominated by you, and their charges deducted from your account. We will always ask for instructions before commencing any large scale repairs.
It is highly recommended to have buildings and contents insurance on your property. We can provide information and help on rent and legal protection insurance, house building insurance and home contents insurance. We are also able to offer a rent guarantee scheme, should you need the knowledge that your rent will arrive on time.
We have particular expertise in the needs of Students. Although, generally, there is more wear and tear when dealing with studemts, the financial rewards are also increased. A number of our branches are located close to Universities.
Investment & Financial Advise
We are able to offer through our Financial Advisor Service a full range of information on such matters as tax planning, pensions, mortgage advice, buy-to-let investments, Sipps & other investment vehicles. Please email us for a full range of services available.
Our fees for managing the property are some of the most competitive to be found. For these fees we will:
- Find you a suitable tenant
- Take up references and/or credit check
- Draw up a tenancy agreement
- Take a Statement of Condition
- Collect the rent and account to you monthly
- Make regular inspections of the property and advise you all is in order
- Advise on any repairs that are necessary
- Give advice regularly on how to optimise you rent and capital value.
- We also provide a tenant finding only service where full management is not required and a "Let & Collect" service. Full details of fees and services are provided in our Terms of Business.